The CFAES tag is not a logo, nor is it a substitute for the college logo. Rather, we use it in conjunction with the college logo to strengthen recognition of the CFAES name. The tag is uniquely ours. It’s a simple reminder that despite our different functions across the state and the world, we are one college, united in our mission to sustain life.
Tag usage guidelines
The CFAES tag should be used in all printed publications and materials, including signage, postcards, posters, reports, presentations, handouts, flyers, etc. The tag is not required to be used on promotional materials or apparel.
The tag can be used in any of the primary palette colors, but the preferred use is scarlet with white text. The preferred placement is in the top left corner of the publication but it can appear in any corner as long as it does not interfere with other art.
- Do not place the tag directly next to the logo.
- Do not modify the tag artwork in any way.
- Do not create your own tag files.
- Do not add on to the official CFAES tag.
- Do not put your department's acronym in a box to mimic the CFAES tag.
Tall tag files have been created with "top" and "bottom" in the file name. "Top" tag files have more color space above the text and should be used when placing the tag at the top of the page. "Bottom" tag files have more color space underneath the text and should be used when placing the tag at the bottom of the page. Short tags can be used in either location.
While there is not a specific size requirement for the tag, our preference is for it to be one half the width of the college logo.
- Short, left and right side, and top- and bottom-page configurations
- All approved color variations, including CMYK for print and RGB for digital
- EPS and PNG formats