CFAES and CFAES programming can be advertised on a variety of unique promotional materials and merchandise.
There are brand guidelines specific to designing promotional materials and merchandise for the college. You can download the college's guidelines and approval procedures here. Merchandise and apparel using Ohio State trademarks (including the Ohio State name) must be produced by an approved university supplier. Please review the steps below for selecting an approved supplier.
How to find an approved vendor
- Navigate to erequest.osu.edu.
- Select "Create a new eRequest".
- Scroll to the middle of the next page and select the red "eStores" button. This action will generate a pop-up window that says you will lose any item details you've entered. Hit "OK" to continue.
- In the menu at the top right, select "Supplier Websites" to see the list of currently approved university vendors.
We do not typically work directly with promotional vendors, but we regularly see proofs created by American Solutions for Business, G&G Outfitters, Golden Star Promotions, Proforma, and The Branding Society. This is not an endorsement of or recommendation for these vendors; it's just to say that they seem to be familiar with our various branding requirements. Also, American Solutions for Business (Direct) has options that allow for the creation of single or small quantities of on-demand apparel branded to the college. This includes outerwear, polo shirts, t-shirts, and woven shirts. Please talk to your department or unit fiscal representative to make sure you follow all purchasing policies if you're interested in buying clothing or giveaways.
Please note that if you are using university funds to produce items for sale, including items for 4-H or student groups, you must contact one of the university’s two exclusive vendors for for-sale items. The current contact information we have is as follows:
BSN Sportswear: Lucas Eick – firstname.lastname@example.org
University Tees: Steve Kowalski – email@example.com
All clothing and merchandise produced for the college and its entities must follow the approval process steps:
- Send a vendor-created mockup to the CFAES Brand Team (CFAES_BAT@osu.edu)
- Once you receive an approval from BAT, fill out Trademark and Licensing's "Department Request for Logo Use" form, found at go.osu.edu/trademark.
- Send the completed form and your approved art to Karen Dertinger at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the university's Identity Team at email@example.com. Allow at least two weeks for all approvals.
- Submit all approvals to Purchasing, along with your payment request.
Any deviation from the above steps may result in a delay in the approval of your design.